If you played the audio clip on that story, you'll notice a hip-hop sounding beat - in this case, A Tribe Called Quest. But if you continue to listen, in comes Rick Astley singing "Never Gonna Give You Up," a song that best known these days for rickrolling.
At that point, listeners likely realized that, with today being April 1, it was an April Fools' Day joke. But, just in case, April Fools! I hope that you had a fun day.
Forbes has updated their The Forbes Five list of the 5 wealthiest artists in hip-hop. It is a list they debuted last year with Diddy at #1, possessing an estimated wealth of $550 million.
On this year's edition, his estimated wealth has grown by $30 million to $580 million. According to Zack O'Malley Greenburg it is once again his stake in Ciroc that is paying the most dividends. The same 5 artists make up the top 5 in the exact same number, even though the amounts have remained the same. Here is the full list:
1. Sean "Diddy" Combs, $580 million (up from $550 million)
2. Shawn "Jay-Z" Cartner, $475 million (up from $460 million)
3. Andre "Dr. Dre" Young, $350 million (up from $260 million)
4. Bryan "Birdman" Williams, $150 million (up from $125 million)
5. Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, $125 million (up from $110 million)